Hello! I recently completed a review of your game for my Youtube series “The First 15”! I’ve placed a link to the video down below, please check it out and keep working at this project...I'd love to see a more "complete" idea of everything the game will entail.
The Creation of a Self
A downloadable game
A love letter to 80s and 90s retro computing. A game that intersects poetry, programming, computers, love, death, freedom and living. Create a new self, program its memories, and destroy memory monsters created from those memories.
- a glitched out computer interface sprinkled with the latest retro inspired visuals
- 2D/Puzzle/FPS game elements: from a runner, a terminal and desktop with puzzles, to FPS levels where you destroy 9 different memory monsters
- 100s of poems as memories, ready to program a new self
- ability to type your own memories or build them by dragging and dropping words from the memory stream, like fridge magnets
- full access to play with the memory stream and its glitch effects to splash create monsters, faces and more
- look out for other gems like BIOS loading screens, system errors, a hidden quotes BBS, and a Gibson to destroy!
- 80s and 90s electronic music inspired soundtrack
Currently you can download The Memory Creation Demo. In this demo you can get an overall feel for the game as well as create a self, program its first memory and see the creation of a memory monster.
Things to try in this demo:
- Create a new self, program its first memory, and see the creation of a memory monster.
- Build and write your own memories with the New Memory Creator and copy them to the clipboard in the Created Memories menu.
- Play with the Memory Stream from the main menu and try out some cool and interesting effects.
- Type out 'commands' within the Created Memories and Self Collection menus! Connect to the Quotes-BBS! And guess the root password.
Stay up to date for future demos which will include the 2D runner, puzzles, and FPS levels.
Also, don't forget to check out different themes on the game's homepage on the World Wide Web!
Click download now to get access to the following files: